Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, a holiday in which a turkey is of utmost importance. There may even be an auxiliary turkey (yes, my family makes an 'auxiliary turkey'). And of course the stuffing. Oh, the stuffing. There will probably be some sort of cranberry sauce, various other side dishes and don't forget the PIE! It goes without saying that most of you will experience a food coma. I know I will. This is normal.
But besides the FOOD, what exactly is this holiday? Well, it's all in the name. I don't know about you, but sometimes I can get so caught up in the "holiday"--the preparation and planning and visitors and travel plans--that I forget it's supposed to be a day to give thanks. It's a time for thanksgiving.
So, here are a few things that I'm thankful for:
2. My husband and all of my family. Love you guys!
3. My friends, near and far. Some of my very closest friends live far away, which makes me sad, but I am beyond blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!
4. My health and the health of my family. This is not something to take for granted, and I am so grateful that so many of my loved ones are healthy.
5. Writing. I don't know what I'd do without it. It's the best possible outlet I could ever dream of, it's fun, it's challenging and frustrating at times, and it's a journey that I'm very thankful to be experiencing. It makes me alive.
6. And finally, you guys! I'm so thankful for the community of writers I've met this past month or so that I've been blogging and twittering. I never imagined that such an amazing group of people existed, all with the same passion for writing and reading and books in general. You guys rock!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! So, what are you thankful for?