Anyway, some things for this fine Thursday.
1. The rewrite. Oh, the rewrite. About two weeks ago I made the decision to scrap my WiP and start over. I'm hoping to have 15k done by the end of the month, but I can already tell that it was the right decision. It's the same but slightly different, and better. The beginning will have to be rewritten again during revisions, but I won't even think about that right now. I'm excited to start writing the really new parts that made me want to rewrite in the first place :)
2. I've finally, FINALLY started working out again. Wooooo! Okay, don't be too impressed, it's only a 20 minute kickboxing video 5 days a week. BUT STILL. I'm getting all kinds of crazy now, what with working in the office again AND doing some sort of physical activity! It's a seriously good workout and I can already see a smidge of a difference! Crunches also help. Abs, I WILL have you again!
3. I'm rereading The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I just couldn't help myself. I started reading another book, got through two chapters, and had to stop so I could visit Thisby again. Her writing style is just my favorite. If you haven't read The Scorpio Races yet, I highly recommend it!
4. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but our new apartment doesn't have a dishwasher. As in, I must HAND WASH all of our dishes. I will never, ever, ever take a dishwasher for granted again. But on the bright side, all that time with my hands pruning in hot water and suds is good novel brainstorming time! Right? Right??
5. I am obsessed with candles lately. Especially Yankee Candles. Though they are a ripoff, I will gladly shell out my money for the scent of Kitchen Spice wafting around the house!
6. This is my favorite song of the week, possibly the month. Makes me want to write a book about boys :)