Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursday Things

Happy Thursday! Seriously...one day closer to the weekend. I don't know about you, but this week is DRAGGING for me. Working in an office is hard, you guys! How do you do it?!

Anyway, some things for this fine Thursday.

1. The rewrite. Oh, the rewrite. About two weeks ago I made the decision to scrap my WiP and start over. I'm hoping to have 15k done by the end of the month, but I can already tell that it was the right decision. It's the same but slightly different, and better. The beginning will have to be rewritten again during revisions, but I won't even think about that right now. I'm excited to start writing the really new parts that made me want to rewrite in the first place :)

2. I've finally, FINALLY started working out again. Wooooo! Okay, don't be too impressed, it's only a 20 minute kickboxing video 5 days a week. BUT STILL. I'm getting all kinds of crazy now, what with working in the office again AND doing some sort of physical activity! It's a seriously good workout and I can already see a smidge of a difference! Crunches also help. Abs, I WILL have you again!

3. I'm rereading The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I just couldn't help myself. I started reading another book, got through two chapters, and had to stop so I could visit Thisby again. Her writing style is just my favorite. If you haven't read The Scorpio Races yet, I highly recommend it!

4. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but our new apartment doesn't have a dishwasher. As in, I must HAND WASH all of our dishes. I will never, ever, ever take a dishwasher for granted again. But on the bright side, all that time with my hands pruning in hot water and suds is good novel brainstorming time! Right? Right??

5. I am obsessed with candles lately. Especially Yankee Candles. Though they are a ripoff, I will gladly shell out my money for the scent of Kitchen Spice wafting around the house!

6. This is my favorite song of the week, possibly the month. Makes me want to write a book about boys :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, do I need to start working out again, lol. I think it's a good place to brainstorm too. And yay for rewrite! Good luck with it all and I'm glad you know it was the right choice :)

    ps. love death cab but i haven't listened to them in a while. this is a good song! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been telling myself that I NEED to get back to running... it's just so hard to get back into it.

    I'm glad that the rewrites are going well.... and hey, I have a dishwasher but still wash dishes by hand sometimes.... it's mindless work that frees up my brain to think :)

    Oh, The Scorpio Races... I can't wait to reread it as well... my next reread will be Divergent to get ready for Insurgent. I CAN"T WAIT!!!! May 1st, yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you on the rewrites. And the exercising. And yes, says the guy without a dishwasher, hand washing dishes is a great time for novel-think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave to scrap the WIP! So exciting, though, to have it working so much better this time around. Good for you! I wish you all the best on it.

    And I had no idea Scorpio Races was so good. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on all counts. I'm getting ready to start my workouts again too. Yay! :D

    Hm...I've never had a dishwasher. Which is why I have a huge load of dishes to do tomorrow after I scarf some breakfast and work on those last pages of chapter 28. It is good brainstorming time, to be sure. I keep a notebook, pen, and towel nearby while I work and try to avoid dripping water on what I've already written while I dry my hands so I can add some more thoughts to my notes.

    Aaaand that was a really long sentence. I think I should go to bed before I babble anymore, lol. :)p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had the arc of Scorpio Races for a while now...still haven't read it O_o

    I understand about the dishwasher thing. Our first apartment didn't have one, but we were fortunate enough to find one that you just hooked up to the sink faucets. But yes, a BIG hassle!

    Good on you for the re: the rewrites...I''m revising now and I don't think I'm doing it right, since I'm basically rewriting the whole thing! Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete