Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday Things

Happy Thursday! Although today feels like Friday to me. Don't you hate when that happens? But it's all good, because I'm making cookies later. *Grin*

Alright, here are some THINGS:

1. I have 5,000 words written in New Novel so far. It's a scary, exciting place to be. Scary, because now I remember how hard it is to start a book, and because I want so much to get it right. Exciting, because I love this story! I'm also reminded of how I  have no method of writing a book. Really, it's just kind of a jumble of words and scenes which may or may not be in order, sometimes involving index cards but sometimes not, sometimes involving scribbled notes in the margins of notebooks but sometimes not. Sometimes it's accompanied by tea or coffee or wine. Sometimes it's morning, sometimes it's past midnight. And it's glorious! And hard. But mostly glorious!

2. I am eating a banana right now. It is ripe, and good, but I've come to realize that I prefer bananas when they are still slightly green. Weird?

3. Last night I finished reading Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Basically, it was disturbingly good. If you haven't read it yet I highly recommend it, because man, can Laini tell a story!

4. The Husband and I are thinking of buying an elliptical. If this happens, it will be a good thing, because my physical exercise is quite limited, except for crunches and such. But I'm talking cardio, here. I sit down a lot. I sit in front of a computer for work all day, and then I sit in front of a computer after work to write. If I'm not in front of a computer, I'm probably sitting down to read or watch TV. That's...a lot of freakin' sitting. Something must stop this madness!


5. THIS!: 



2 comments:

  1. that picture cracks me up!!!!

    I agree that Laini is a master story teller.. I both hate her and love her for it, LOL it's more like I'm so jealous of such beautiful writing, and out of this world imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being in the hardest part of your novel, and being so excited about it! I love that!

    I think I like bananas a little green, too. But not as much as I love cookies. ;) It's Sunday, so that means cookies here!

    ReplyDelete