Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 Favorites

So, just for fun, here's a compilation of my favorite stuff from 2011.

Favorite Music: 
1.Coldplay-New album Mylo Xyloto. Favorite song from this album is Paradise.

2. Florence + The Machine-New album Ceremonials. Favorite song from this album is Seven Devils.

3. Greg Laswell (He was a new discovery for me!) Favorite song is Comes and Goes (In Waves).
4. Mumford & Sons (Another new discovery for me!) Favorite song is White Blank Page.

Favorite Books: 
1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

2. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


There are SO many books that I didn't get to read this year that are on my 2012 To-Read list. I didn't have an actual "list" of books for 2011, so I didn't end up reading as much as I'd wanted to. But watch out, 2012, I come prepared with a LIST this time!

Favorite Recipes:
1. White Chocolate Raspberry Bars, which you can find in my previous post here
2. Brownies, recipe courtesy of Maggie Stiefvater, which you can find here
3.Oh, actual food? Not just desserts? Okay, then I'll choose Orecchiete with Spicy Sausage and Broccoli Rabe, courtest of Giada De Laurentiis. I got the recipe from her cookbook, Everyday Italian. The recipe is online here, HOWEVER, for some reason online it says turkey sausage instead of spicy pork sausage. Use the spicy pork sausage! Unless, of course, you want to use the turkey sausage. Whatever.

Favorite Purchases: 
1. iPhone. The awesome factor is WAY high. Definitely best purchase of the year. Portable Twitter, anyone?
2. Cowboy boots. I got these in Nashville, so you know they're legit!


What's some of your favorite stuff from 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment